Enter Your E-mail:
Enter Your Password:

Cloris Leachman is Dancing With the Stars!

(1-3 of 3)
  • Boomer The Crooner
    Boomer
Discussion Started on Aug 25 2008 at 12:47:15 pm
Hot Item

Cloris Leachman is Dancing With the Stars!

Guess who's putting on their dancing shoes now? Among the celebrities who have signed up on the latest season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, 82-year-old Cloris Leachman! The Academy Award-winning actress is the oldest competitor in the show's history, and we'll have to see how she does against the youngest-ever dancer, 18-year-old Cody Linley.

Leachman may be best-known for her work as Phyllis Lindstrom on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," although she's also appeared in several film hits including "The Last Picture Show" and "Young Frankenstein."

Other notable names include 61-year-old soap opera star Susan Lucci, 50-year-old actor Ted McGinley, 40-year-old singer Tony Braxton and 41-year-old chef Rocco DiSpirito.  Olympian Misty May-Treanor hopes to come off her gold medal performance in Beijing to win the competition -- but she's not the only Olympian joining the show. Track star Maurice Green is trading his running shoes for his dancing shoes.

Here's the complete list:

• Toni Braxton, singer, 40, and season one DWTS champ Alec Mazo
• Lance Bass, singer, 29, and Lacey Schwimmer
• Ted McGinley, actor, 50, and Inna Brayer
• Cloris Leachman, actress, 82, and Corky Ballas
• Warren Sapp, former NFL star, 35, and Kym Johnson
• Rocco DiSpirito, chef, 41, and Karina Smirnoff
• Kim Kardashian, TV personality, 27, and reigning DWTS champ Mark Ballas
• Maurice Green, Olympic gold medalist track and field star, 34, and two-time DWTS champ Cheryl Burke
• Misty May-Treanor, Olympic gold medalist beach volleyball player, 31, and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
• Susan Lucci, Emmy-award winning soap opera actress, 61, and Tony Dovolani
• Jeffrey Ross, 42, comedian, and Edyta Sliwinska
• Cody Linley, 18, actor, and two-time DWTS champ Julianne Hough
• Brooke Burke, 36, TV personality, and Derek Hough

So, what do you think -- does Leachman have a chance against the younger dancers? Who's your early pick in the competition?

Discussion Started on Aug 28 2008 at 03:44:22 pm
    Hot Item

I am delighted to read about Cloris.  She is a great example of just doing what you know and love, age is totally unimportant.  Obviously she has kept herself healthy and happy which is very important, and more than likely she still dances every day.   I will be her biggest fan.  She can once and for all show the world she is capable of putting on a great performance.  There is no such thing as age if you take care of yourself and keep your spirit young.

Iris Davis - new newest biggest fan.

Discussion Started on Aug 28 2008 at 07:01:45 pm
    Hot Item

I love that show...and watch it if at all possible..

Cloris is fantastic at giving it her all.

I only hope she can cope with the costumes--not her usual thing.She's a "class-act".

I know the medium of ballroom dancing is traditionally "campy" and over-the-top in terms of design (but who dresses those hosts?Yipes!)...I guess it's all part of the fun.

top of page ^

(1-3 of 3)