Enter Your E-mail:
Enter Your Password:
Or login using:

Up Coming Activities?

(11-20 of 62)
    Discussion Started on Nov 21 2008 at 10:03:01 pm
    Question

For the month of December our chapter is just going to have a relaxing time dining out at a local steak house for our Christmas party.  In January our plan is to bring a gift we got for Christmas that we cannot use and play the game where you put all the gifts on a table then everyone draws a number.  #1 goes first.  Then #2.  If 2 likes #1's gift she can take it or take one from the table and so on down the line.  We did this last year and had a great time.

Discussion Started on Dec 04 2008 at 12:03:13 pm
    Question

My club is having what we call a traveling xmas party this saturday from 1130 -2 each yr a different club holds this party its been going on now for several yrs and its always a blast

then my personal club will meet on our reg club night at local seafood rest for dinner and drinks
    and we play dirty santa
    i always recognize my officers of past yr at this meeting and all members receive  gift from queen
    its always big fun and i allow husbands or sig others to this dinner so ladies can dress up and feel as if they have a date , but its not required
    queen toni
    crawford county cuties van buren ar

Discussion Started on Dec 10 2008 at 07:10:49 pm
    Question

Ladies,

As the Queen of a very active and busy chapter, gatherings are never difficult to come up with for us.

We are an adventurous bunch.......... and we love getting together. We have 4 distinct types of gatherings.

Monthly, we "gather"...... from 4-8 pm, for social hour, visiting, viewing photo albums, a meal (pot luck or at a local resturant), celebrate birthdays, sing songs, take new photos, plan upcoming events, share information.

About 6 times a year........ we plan an Outing or Event. We are having a "Beat the Mid-Winter Blahs" sleep-over at an area motel/pool. Card games, swim, eat, pot luck food. A 24 hour retreat.

We have an annual "High Tea Party". Planned by the Queen, catered, held at an area church fellowship hall. Offical portraits taken, entertainment, great food, and dressed in our "Full Regalia".

We hold an annual Holiday Gathering. Local resturant private room (free), buffet meal, Santa comes to see us, Queen writes a naughty n nice list for each person. Exchange gifts. Some bake and exchange cookies. Entertainment..... this year down the road 1/2 mile to local theatre performance of A Christmas Carol.

We save our " red hat stuff", and at most gatherings, have a red & purple swap/sell/exchange. We each bring what we don't use/want, put a price on it (or free), and trade stuff. Fun.

We get together, at our local volunteer fire hall meeting room, about 2 x a month, in the fall months, to do "group crafting". We have learned to felt mittens, sewed tea cozies, aprons, blankets, quilted vests, patch work vests, purses........ and of course most of it is Red Hat stuff. We also created poodle skirts for all 60 of us, for a convention in 2005. We created jean jackets, dressed up western, with inset-purple or red chenille sleeves for a western gathering. We pot luck our meals, drag our sewing machines, and share our talents and craft resources. Great fun. We also have gathered, to do fleece tyed blankets for local Holiday Program (overr 100 of them one year).

We take turns planning and hostessing our events, so that NO one person has the burden of all the work. We are really fortunate to have active, involved, fun ladies, with lots of great ideas. 

We also have "hoots". Movie screenings along with lunch or dinner. Have screened movies Bonneville, Nights in Rhondantha, and soon.......... will be making plans to travel the 90 miles to Twin Cities to see Hat's (July 2009).

Later.......... heading for church.

Queen Linda Glenn

Discussion Started on Dec 10 2008 at 07:10:55 pm
    Question

Ladies,

As the Queen of a very active and busy chapter, gatherings are never difficult to come up with for us.

We are an adventurous bunch.......... and we love getting together. We have 4 distinct types of gatherings.

Monthly, we "gather"...... from 4-8 pm, for social hour, visiting, viewing photo albums, a meal (pot luck or at a local resturant), celebrate birthdays, sing songs, take new photos, plan upcoming events, share information.

About 6 times a year........ we plan an Outing or Event. We are having a "Beat the Mid-Winter Blahs" sleep-over at an area motel/pool. Card games, swim, eat, pot luck food. A 24 hour retreat.

We have an annual "High Tea Party". Planned by the Queen, catered, held at an area church fellowship hall. Offical portraits taken, entertainment, great food, and dressed in our "Full Regalia".

We hold an annual Holiday Gathering. Local resturant private room (free), buffet meal, Santa comes to see us, Queen writes a naughty n nice list for each person. Exchange gifts. Some bake and exchange cookies. Entertainment..... this year down the road 1/2 mile to local theatre performance of A Christmas Carol.

We save our " red hat stuff", and at most gatherings, have a red & purple swap/sell/exchange. We each bring what we don't use/want, put a price on it (or free), and trade stuff. Fun.

We get together, at our local volunteer fire hall meeting room, about 2 x a month, in the fall months, to do "group crafting". We have learned to felt mittens, sewed tea cozies, aprons, blankets, quilted vests, patch work vests, purses........ and of course most of it is Red Hat stuff. We also created poodle skirts for all 60 of us, for a convention in 2005. We created jean jackets, dressed up western, with inset-purple or red chenille sleeves for a western gathering. We pot luck our meals, drag our sewing machines, and share our talents and craft resources. Great fun. We also have gathered, to do fleece tyed blankets for local Holiday Program (overr 100 of them one year).

We take turns planning and hostessing our events, so that NO one person has the burden of all the work. We are really fortunate to have active, involved, fun ladies, with lots of great ideas. 

We also have "hoots". Movie screenings along with lunch or dinner. Have screened movies Bonneville, Nights in Rhondantha, and soon.......... will be making plans to travel the 90 miles to Twin Cities to see Hat's (July 2009).

Later.......... heading for church.

Queen Linda Glenn

Discussion Started on Dec 10 2008 at 07:26:11 pm
    Question

Hey Queen Linda,  It sounds like you gals have go it going on!  What a fun group you have.

Our chapter, the Concord Grapettes, traveled from near Little Rock, AR to New Orleans, La. to see HATS and it was well worth the trip!  Hope you have as much fun as we did.

I have tried to add you as a friend...but I don't think it took.  I'll work more on it.

Discussion Started on Dec 10 2008 at 09:23:27 pm
    Question

Wanda,

Great to hear from you. Our "friend" relationship says it is pending. Should go through eventually.

Yes, our gals are busy, involved and active. We mean the world to each other, and are each others " very first choice socially". And, many of these gals have had major life-style changes/difficulties in the past 4 years. Cancers, amputations, becoming widowed, car accident injurys, death of a child........... it goes on and on.

The "awesome sisterhood" of our Red Hat chapter has been so supportive and sustaining for all of us. For many, the Red Hat sisters........ provided the strength and direction...... during the very difficult times. I cannot imagine NOT being a red hatter, let alone not being a Rowdy Red Hat Mama..........

It is great, that in addition to all of  the "Food, Fun, Friendship, Frivolity, Freedom, Adventures" that we share together.......... we connect, share and support each other in the ordinary and even the tough times.

Actually, we do not seem to have enough time, to do all the fun, Red Hat stuff that we identify........ as "just gotta do it".

Later, with Huge Hugs...... Queen Linda Glenn

Discussion Started on Jan 05 2009 at 03:50:21 pm
    Question

MENAPAUSE THE MUSICAL IS COMING TO FT SMITH ARKANSAS JAN 20TH 730 AT CONVENTION CENTER IF ANYONE IS CLOSE HERE IS IMFO FOR TICKETS 1 479-439-4489 IF U HAVE 15 OR MORE TICKETS ARE 35 OR 40
    REGULAR PRICE IS 40 -$45

• Me at Golden Gate Fields 2007
      Coni
    Discussion Started on Jan 17 2009 at 07:23:03 am
    Question

We have a two-day overnight trip to Solvang for shopping and a hot air balloon ride coming up in May.

• Me at Golden Gate Fields 2007
      Coni
    Discussion Started on Jan 17 2009 at 07:35:05 am
    Question

More Red Hat Stuff to Do:

• BYOB picnic…bring your own bag lunch to trade with someone
    • Experience a tradition of another culture
    • Movie dates
    • Garden tour or garden party
    • A Bay cruise
    • At a Red Hat lunch day, have a Funniest Red Hat or Tacky Earring contest
    • Fiesta party; Piata, etc!
    • Door prizes and party favors at teas
    • Invite a young lady, friend, or daughter to join us for High Tea
    • Silly Saturday … Pick a Saturday for food, fun, and frivolity! Partake in hilariously funny games like: Watermelon Seed-Spitting Contest, Bubble Gum Blowout, Pantyhose Golf, Cinderella’s Slippers, Name That Tune, Karaoke, and Remember the Lyrics games
    • A Red Hat Unbirthday (everyone brings a gift to exchange)
    • A Red Hat White Elephant exchange party
    • Craft day. Develop a craft idea and teach it at a get-together (a Heart Hat class would be ideal)
    • Prom Night without our dates! Get picked up in a limo and see a play in San Francisco
    • Community outreach projects: Cancer Society support, Breast Cancer walk, visit seniors at a convalescent hospital ….Got the idea?
    • Goofy Valentine card exchange
    • Go bowling!

Discussion Started on Jan 20 2009 at 11:50:11 pm
    Question

Coni... those are some great ideas.  Thank you for passing them along.  I will pass them along to my Queen.

For Valentines this year, our Chapter is going to have a Tea and exchange Valentines cards like we did when we were kids.  I'm even going to make a box to bring all my Valentines home in.

top of page ^

(11-20 of 62)