Enter Your E-mail:
Enter Your Password:

What Chapter and Where.

(411-420 of 423)
    • hi888.gif
      SusieB
    Discussion Started on Apr 02 2010 at 06:43:59 pm
    This post was removed by SusieB on Oct 28 2012 at 12:55:55 am.

Discussion Started on Apr 04 2010 at 08:31:05 pm
    Idea

Good for you, keep having fun, nobody is going to stop you

Discussion Started on Oct 10 2010 at 05:26:19 am
    Idea

Hi, I'm with the Rambling Roses Chapter in Upland, Ca. 

To SusieB - We played White Elephant Bingo at our last meeting.  It was fast and fun. 

Discussion Started on Oct 27 2012 at 09:54:51 pm
    Idea

Hi Teri

I'm so glad I found this site. I just saw your post from 2009 about the Red Hat Society "dues." I'm a QM in Florida and was furious when SE came out with her newest "idea" for MORE money. I thought I was the only bitchy old lady that thought this way. I too refuse to even ask my ladies to pay the additional fee; we pay to be an "official" RH chapter - - and that is enoough. Like someone else said, we don't get anything out of it. I remember when we at least got a magazine. Now we HAVE to go online to read it (which is an impossibility) or print it out (which is REALLY out of the question when there is usually 80 or so pages!) My ladies want to be able to take it with them to the dr's office, in the car or even sit in a bubble bath & read it. But, she's taken that away too!

I think all of us Queens who feel this way should have our own conventions & get togethers. Anyone out there feel the same way? There are a LOT of us RH ladies (chapters) in Florida. I'm sure we could outdo her! She needs a reality check.

• hi888.gif
      SusieB
    Discussion Started on Oct 27 2012 at 11:49:49 pm
    Idea

You are not alone. There are many groups of ladies now who have formed their own social circles rather than pay the fees demanded 

They lady who was head of the chapters in Phoenix wouldn't pay and they sued her!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-03/microsoft-debeers-abbott-l-a-printex-red-hat-intellectual-property.html

• QMum Teri
      Teri
    Discussion Started on Oct 28 2012 at 12:42:41 am
    Idea

There are alot of Xchapters that put on 1 day events here in AZ. We just did one the end of Sept. They do Fashion shows, bunco parties, day trips, etc. No one has come up with a convention. I'm sure they could if the desire to do so was there. We call ourselves Red Hatters and leave the word "society" out of it.

It is too bad that what started out to be such a great idea led to "hey, this is great, we can make lots of money on this. Just charge everyone! It doesn't matter that maybe they can't afford the $ because they need to eat or get medicine. Just save for it." Their greed has caused their problem and has lost many, many chapters. They have even resorted to "black balling" chapters that are registered and have put on an event that lets any chapter (registered or not) attend. Kinda like "cutting off their nose to spite their face" sorta a thing. Doesn't make for any kind thoughts towards the RHS.

• hi888.gif
      SusieB
    Discussion Started on Oct 28 2012 at 12:55:27 am
    Idea

Isn't that what the "Ambassador" program is all about - appointing women to snitch on chapters that don't pay up?

• QMum Teri
      Teri
    Discussion Started on Oct 28 2012 at 02:06:34 am
    Idea

I have no idea what the program is. If it is, they should change the name. Ambassader is too nice a word for that. That is plain, flat out "snitching!!!!!

Discussion Started on Oct 28 2012 at 02:09:03 am
    Idea

I had to give up my chapter two years ago because it was splitting into three different groups and

no one would play fair. It nearly drove me nuts. Now I am an ex queen of a red hat chapter.

No we didn't pay dues. I paid my queenly dues just so I could go to the internationals ......... going to the one in April with my sister in law. I would like to start up another small chapter but no one in Savannah seems to be interested or they are all full. I tried the chapter search - nada! I like to go to the conventions .......... going in one week to Myrtle Beach.

Discussion Started on Oct 28 2012 at 02:16:35 am
    Idea

OMG! Is that what ambassadors do? I know that they appointed ambassadors for the International Convention in Atlanta in April but I figured that was just to be gofers and workers........

Very interesting .............

top of page ^

(411-420 of 423)