Enter Your E-mail:
Enter Your Password:

Are you a Bolder Chick?

(1-3 of 3)
Discussion Started on Mar 20 2009 at 03:55:36 pm

Are you a Bolder Chick?

I suppose this could be construed as a trick question. After all, if I coin the phrase “Bolder Chick” then I get to decide who is a Bolder Chick and who isn’t, right?  The truth is, I do have a definite image in mind when I use the term. 

The Bolder Chick is a woman navigating the sometimes choppy waters of midlife, usually between the ages of 45 and 60 but not necessarily. It's really about attitude.

An inspiring blend of courageous curiosity and vitality mixed with a dash of humor makes you a Bolder Chick. You've got a lot of life to live, dreams to fulfill and plans to nurture. You may be growing older but you’re also growing bolder and looking forward to the gifts that come with the passing of time. Gifts like lessons learned, challenges met and wisdom.

Sure, there’s the stuff you don’t particularly welcome with open arms – arms that may wobble a bit more than you’d like.  But you also know it’s not about the gray hair, a few wrinkles, menopause and an empty nest. You have hopes, expectations and goals for the second half of your life. You refuse to become invisible or allow your abilities to be discounted. You’ve got a lot to contribute.

I find myself attracting a lot of Bolder Chicks into my coaching orbit these days and I love the energy and challenge they bring with them. My focus is broadening (pun intended) to explore with you how to meet those challenges and live the bigger life we all crave.

Let's talk about vision, goals, making it real, making it up, getting into action and practicing extreme self-care, just to mention a few. A lot of you are starting businesses and there'll be a splash of that, as well because in my former life I was a successful business consultant and old habits....

So don't touch that dial!

Discussion Started on Jun 11 2009 at 11:21:36 am

Well, this is a pretty quiet group for a bunch of bolder chicks!  Let's rock out, shall we? 

I for one am not going to go calmly into the night.  LOL  I'd like to hear what you're all doing to break the mold (and keep from growing any).  I'm a cancer survivor who is delighted to be back on my horses, and I intend to stay there.  I was still competitive at 58, lost year 59 to chemo, and had to start over at 60.  I'd like to think I'm better at 61 than ever because I've got more at stake.  I can't afford to fall off now, so I have to really focus on the details of the skills I need!  LOL  The "wings" under my upper arms may give away my age, but I'd like to think my enthusiasm doesn't.

So, who else is out there?  What are you doing and how are you doing it? 

Discussion Started on Jun 27 2009 at 06:18:03 pm

I don't know if I qualify as a Bolder Chick or not but I'll sure try to live up to it. I've been a widow for only 8 mos and this is the first time I've lived alone in my life. It has taken some getting use to for sure as my husband had retired in 2004 and we were together 24/7 for 4 years. We had been married for 42 yrs, 5 mos & 13 days when he died. I have 3 kids, 5 g'kids and a lot of pets, 2 donkeys, 2 goats, 3 dogs, 1 cat & an aquarium.  I love life and plan on living to be as old as my grandparents were when they died (89 for 3 of them & 93 for one grandma). I had an uncle who died a month before his 100th birthday so I do have some longivity in my families. What's been happening in  your lives? What's your ideas on being bolder?

top of page ^

(1-3 of 3)