Happy Holidays From Growing Bolder!Posted December 23, 2009, 1:34 pm in News
Dear Growing Bolder Insiders,
In 2009, we shared the Growing Bolder philosophy with more people than ever. Season 3 of The Growing Bolder TV Show premiered last month with new, high-definition episodes on WMFE-TV, and in coming weeks, we'll share exciting news about expanding beyond Central Florida. Plus, the Growing Bolder Radio Show has a new home -- NPR affiliate 90.7, WMFE-FM. Remember, even if they don't yet air in your hometown, you can catch all the action on our GBTV Show and GB Radio Show channels on GrowingBolder.com.
But this year, one woman may have done the most to introduce Growing Bolder to the world -- Rachel Veitch. She's the 90-year-old owner of a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente who is not afraid to speak her mind or live an independent life. At last count, nearly 5.5 million people have watched our original story on Rachel. It even caught the attention of NBC's Today Show, FOX News and AOL, making Rachel an instant Internet celebrity. GrowingBolder.com is the only place where you can send Rachel a message or catch up with her latest adventures.
As you reflect on 2009 and look ahead to 2010, take a moment to watch the following stories. We think they'll inspire you, raise your spirits and remind you that anything is possible, no matter what obstacles you face. These stories are our playbook for Growing Bolder in your own life.
Click on the titles below to watch the videos, leave a comment or share the stories with your friends and family.
- Pursue Your Passions See how great life can be when you're bold enough to pursue your passions. Whether it's music, a new business venture or saving the planet, doing what you enjoy means you'll never work another day in your life.
- Staying Active You've heard it time and time again that the key to a long and healthy life is getting active. But what's the secret to staying active? Find something you love to do. Activity becomes passion, and that's really Growing Bolder.
- Overcoming Obstacles No one's life is without setbacks. For many, Growing Bolder means facing up to challenges: relationship issues, battles with illness, financial struggles, basically standing up to face the unexpected head on. We call it Overcoming Obstacles.
- Breaking Barriers Making changes in life is never easy. There can be all kinds of roadblocks along the path to Growing Bolder; the roadblocks of age, religion and race. Some back away from them, but others stand strong, Breaking Barriers for the rest of us to follow.
- Making a Difference Staying active can keep you physically and socially engaged, adding quality to your life. But for more and more of us, that's just not enough. Leaving a legacy and finding a way to give back are some of the most rewarding ways of Growing Bolder.
The Growing Bolder team
© 2006-2013. Growing Bolder Media Group. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.