How to Love a Baby Boomer Diva Part I
Added: Wed. Apr 09, 2008 1:40pm
Posted in: Relationships
Loving a Baby Boomer Diva isn’t easy but if you do it right,
it’ll be one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll ever have.
I’ll be sharing some tips on how you can keep
the Baby Boomer Diva in your life happy 24/7.
It is important to note that if your Baby Boomer Diva is 40
or over, she is probably going through some emotional and physical changes in
her life. She may be entering into what
is known as perimenopause or menopause. This
is a phase of life where women can experience a multitude of symptoms
1. Hot flashes, night sweats
and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling.
2. Bouts of rapid heart beat
4. Mood swings, sudden tears
6. Irregular periods; shorter,
lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding, phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles.
7. Loss of sexual drive
8. Vaginal dryness
11. Feelings of depression
12. Difficulty concentrating,
disorientation, mental confusion
13. Disturbing memory lapses
14. Incontinence, especially upon
15. Dry Eyes
16. Aching, sore joints, muscles
17. Increased tension in muscles
18. Breast tenderness
19. Severe headaches
20. Gastrointestinal distress,
indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
22. Exacerbation of existing
23. Increase in allergies
24. Weight gain
25. Hair loss or thinning, head,
pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair.
26. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
27. Changes in body odor
28. Electric shock sensation under
the skin and in the head
Gum problems, increased bleeding
30. Burning tongue, burning roof
of mouth, bad taste in mouth, dry mouth, change in breath odor
31. Osteoporosis (after several years)
32. Changes in fingernails:
softer, crack or break easier
33. Tinnitus: ringing in ears,
bells, 'whooshing' buzzing etc.
There may be days when you are the target of her anger and frustration
or you may even get the silent treatment.
Don’t take it personal. It’s not
you. It’s her hormones. If she needs space, give it to her but
continue to support her. There may also
be times when you’ll have to show her how good you are at dancing on
eggshells. And be sure to go the extra
mile in helping out around the house.
There are no comments yet. Be the first to leave one!