Enter Your E-mail:
Enter Your Password:
Or login using:

My Latest Blog

• You Can Go Home Again

Two weeks ago, my husband and I took our 5-year-old to the city where we met and fell in love -- Washington, DC. We both lived there after college, and one night by chance, a girl from Pennsylvania met a boy from Florida and the rest is history. This was...

Comments

• Posted 8:08pm March 14th, 2010

Hey Jackie, Thanks for adding me.

• Posted 3:21am February 4th, 2010
    Thanks for my welcome......

Kenny B.

• Posted 4:27pm January 24th, 2010
    Thanks for your warm welcome. ~ Billg

• Posted 10:34am November 9th, 2009
    Hi Jackie! Nice to find you on Growing Bolder!

• Posted 9:01pm July 3rd, 2009

Hello my young friend,

Wondered if anyone would contact this 69 yr old gal.  I am a people person from NJ and in Pa 6 years.  In those years have met lots of folks but can't say I have friends.  I was popular in my home town but struggling here.   Glad you said Hi and will try to learn this program.  I'm so new to the computer.    Maybe you can help me.   Would like to see photos of your baby.   My two children are grown but my baby is "Peanut" a toy fox terrier.  He is the love of my life.

Thanks for the notice,    Nancy   from Easton, Pa

• Posted 4:04pm April 27th, 2009
    Hi, Jackie!
    I'm so happy to see your smiling face among my "Friends."  The GB system just puts my friends' pictures up for me without notifying me they are there, but that's okay.  Welcome!  I'm delighted to have you as a pal.  BTW, your profile is fascinating!  Take care.

Terry

• Posted 11:20am April 11th, 2008
    What a beautiful baby Jackie! Did you know that Katie Bass had her baby Wed.?

• come awn!
    Pat Narciso
    GB Staff
    Posted 2:06pm February 12th, 2008
    Congratulations Jackie!

• come awn!
    Pat Narciso
    GB Staff
    Posted 3:25pm January 8th, 2008
    I wanted someone to test comment on, and decided to test comment on you. Thanks for letting me use your space. Please -- have a FANTASTIC day.

Pat Narciso
    Lead Technology Guy
    3rd Floor of the Growing Bolder Media Group World Wide Head Quarters (gbmgwwhq)
    http://www.growingbolder.com/3150/ - 407.842.7078

p.s. is headquarters one word or two? Hit me back. Word.

• Posted 3:23am December 14th, 2007
    well there, i am no longer looking quite so stony. sorry, but i was in the middle of a major exfoliation when I was instructed that I must become a member of growingbolder, immediately......now, I am showing a bit better these days. i hope you approve....

• Posted 5:21pm December 13th, 2007
    I saw the video. I think I'll watch it a million times before I go to bed. hee hee! It is beyond fantastic!!!

*Arrrrgh* the show just makes me want to puke sometimes. I hated his version of hell. It was just such horrible filler and a not-very-convincing out of body experience. And like anybody on that show stays married for 10 years (like Lulu and what'shisface were supposed to have been in Luke's hell).

Doesn't Bobbi look like that little doll who plays the teacher that Kris Kringle falls in love with in "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"? Her face is so pulled back!

I don't know who to think the killer is. I was thinking it was Coop during the black and white ball but then sometimes I think Johnny might be whacko too.

We should totally start a GH group!

Hope all is well with you.

Jackie Carlin

Occupation

Director of Web Content, GrowingBolder.com

More About Me

Hometown

Allentown, Pa.

Family

I am a new mom to Elizabeth Ava, who was born on Feb. 10, 2008 -- all 9 lbs., 6 oz. of her! My husband, Jim, and I also have two spoiled-rotten dogs, Homer and Lucy.

Education

Parkland High School, Orefield, Pa.
Syracuse University, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications

Goals

To leave the world a little better than I found it.

People I'd like to meet

Bono, Oprah, President Obama, Jeff Tweedy of Wilco, Jeff Bridges ("Big Lebowski" is one of my favorite movies and I hear Jeff really embraces big fans of the movie)

My Favorites

Interests

Reading, Movies, Traveling, Bowling, Drinking wine (when I'm not pregnant!)

Books

Anything by Nick Hornby; Marley and Me; biographies usually followed by a Carl Hiassen for laughs; Eat, Pray, Love; historical fiction, like The Red Tent or A Thousand Splendid Suns

Foods

Sushi, my husband's mushroom and sausage pasta, any seafood.

Music

Wilco, The Beatles, Bon Jovi, Coldplay, Madonna, Kings of Leon

Movies

The Big Lebowski, Best in Show, Shawshank Redemption, Rocky, Austin Powers

Television

Lost, Top Chef, Project Runway, Damages, Six Feet Under, Sopranos, The Office, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother

Heroes

Oprah, all the women who gave birth before epidurals and any coach that can finally lead the Philadelphia Eagles to the Super Bowl and can walk away with a win!

Recent Photos