Enter Your E-mail:

• 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
(9 votes - 34,987 views)
Posted on July 15th, 2009 at 2:23 pm

We gave NBC National Correspondent, Kerry Sanders, a call and left a message, "Check out our story on Rachel." Kerry called back in less than an hour. A week later, he was in town with a crew from "The Today Show." We'll let you know when that story is going to air. For now, here's our story on Kerry doing his story on Rachel.

For a behind-the-scenes look at Rachel's day with NBC, click here to check out our GBTV Show On Location photo gallery.

Want to learn more about Rachel? Check out:

Technology
GB Topics - Big Names
GB Topics - Unforgettable Characters
Technology - Vehicles

Tags

mercury comet caliente - today show - nbc - rachel veitch - kerry sanders

Entertainment - Television, Entertainment, Technology, GB Topics - Big Names, GB Topics - Unforgettable Characters, Technology - Vehicles

nbc - rachel veitch - today show - kerry sanders - mercury comet caliente

Click to add this media to your favoritesEmail thisRSS feed of this content

Post this video to a site:

Bookmark on:

• Posted 1:53pm September 1st, 2009
    Bravo Rachel!  I drive a Pontiac Sunfire that my son-in-law gave me ten years ago and I love it!  Hopefully, I'll put on as many miles as you have!  As the saying goes, "Git 'er done!"

• Posted 11:17pm August 16th, 2009

Hi Rachel,

you are a wonderful women and I wish you all the very best from New Zealand. I would love to make contact with you when I next visit the US. I have a 1964 convertible Mercury Comet in NZ and a 1964 four door Comet identicle to yours ( except for colour ) in CA.I have just returned to NZ after travelling many thousands of miles in it through California, Arizona, New Mexico and Route 66 and it didn't miss a beat! My US 4door also has the same air cond with the 260 auto v8. I carry a spare fuel pump and spare generator and she has only travelled a total of  85000 miles. Regard's Fred.

• Posted 10:15pm July 19th, 2009

Hey Rach,

I think you're wonderful.......

God-Bless,

Andrew

• Posted 6:44pm July 19th, 2009

Hi Rachel,

You are an inspiration and so is the Comet !!!  Happy travels to you!!!  Tina

• Posted 10:17am July 17th, 2009

Hi Rachel!

You remind me so much of my grandmother who also was Rachel, but she resides in heaven.  She too loved her car and hated it when her family had to take the car away due to Alsheimers.  You have taught me a great lesson.  I am 50 and I haven't driven in the cities EVER...only in our little area of Pennsylvania, but Im going to start venturing out soon and see beyond my means.  I am living in England at the moment with my British husband and in the process of getting a visa for him to retire with me back in Pennsylvania.  He wants to see our country and Im looking forward to seeing it with him as he has done with me here in the United Kingdom.  Thank you so much for the valuable lesson and the spirit you have!  May you live many more wonderful years with your courage and your car.

• Posted 9:55am July 17th, 2009
    Every time I watch Rachel's videos she just makes me beam! I can't wait to see the Today show segment! Kerry Sanders is right, we can learn from Rachel, she's everyones sweetheart!

• Posted 10:53pm July 16th, 2009
    Rachel you are my kind of woman.  I loved your outfit and your hair.  You shared your story as an equal to the reporter and not as if you are an elder stateswoman.  You rock!

• mt rushmore-2.jpg
    Bob
    Posted 3:06pm July 16th, 2009

Dear. Rachel:

You are the parents I grew up with out. You inspire me now at 54 years young. I am a car enthusiast mostly Ford. I remember in 1962 my father bought my mother a band new 1962 falcon Squire wagon with the 179 Cubin inc engine. No AC very much standard.

It was the car I learned how to drive .

You are someone very special. My god bless you and keep you safe. I would love to meet you one day and kiss you on the cheek.

Special Regards:

Bob Geco

Long Beach, CA

• Posted 11:46am July 16th, 2009
    Always great to hear the updates Rachel! You are becoming quite the star! Be safe out there on the roads, and may you have many more miles to come!

Next Up...

marc-middleton-intv16x9.jpgFish-Farm-16x9.jpggolf-cart-TIME16x9.jpgfx show 16x9.jpg

Growing Bolder